I forgot to blog this. A few days before holiday, my school has organized a campaign for blood donation. Everything wasn't planned or I can say it's impromptu. Let the story begin in point form :P
1) I saw ONLY a few students were brave with their blood being sucked into a packet.
2) Then I saw those upper sixes were very cooperation with this campaign. Some were even sad when they cannot donate their blood due to deficiency of iron. (Shouldn't they be lucky when you don't have to donate your own flesh?)
3) My classmates were using underage as an excuse. Hey! I'm just 3 months away from my 18th birthday and yet I donated my blood. I didn't prepare anything because I just knew that there's this campaign at the moment.
4) They were so selfish and even said why donate blood for the stupid certificate. WTF!! I have a pure heart of gold, okay?
But it doesn't matter. My main reason to donating my blood is to.... *drum rolls
DO THE BLOOD TEST!!!!
I didn't know my own blood group since I was small. So I decided to exchange my packet of blood with blood test to know my blood group. :P It's like killing two birds with a stone as I can help other patients while able to know my own blood group. Worth it huh?
Story goes like paper 3 for chemistry :P
So the procedure goes like this
1) The employee used a kinf of hurting instrument and applied on my index finger. When the 'pop' sound was heard, my blood was coming out and he pinched my finger to let the blood come out. The iron content in my blood was very dense so it dropped very quick into the water.
2) The blood was extracted and seperated into two spaces and did a quick test (the best part, like CSI). He used two reagents with yellow and blue colours to determine to blood group. He applied and rinsed it, the result is as followed
-If yellow and blue are mixed into the blood, then it's O type blood group
-If yellow is mixed and blue remains, then it's A type blood group
-If blue is mixed and yellow remains, then it's B type blood group
-If blue and yellow remain, then it's AB type blood group
3) The result showed that most students with O type while least students with AB type. I hope that I was AB type since it's quite 'rare'. Sadly, I was actually B type. =/
4) Pressure checking test. A little bit hypertension and it forced me to buy a plate of noodle.
5) Blood donation began! The injection to numb my arm was the worst part of it. Never thought it was that hurt.
6) The kept holding the small pvc pipe to let the blood out by applying pressure on the pipe.
7) 15 minutes later, my nurse told me to raise my arm.WTF IT'S WORSE THAN THE WORST PART!!! The needle was inside, I raised my arm and the needle hurt my skin. FARRKKKK!!!! Unforgettable memories.....
8) Done my blood donation, got some gifts (bread and soya bean, gift meh? seem like to gain some protein before you faint) from them and a certificate (need to fill your name by yourself, lousy....).
9) Show my certificate to my friends, see who's the boss right now? Shame on you ;)
I forgot to blog this. A few days before holiday, my school has organized a campaign for blood donation. Everything wasn't planned or I can say it's impromptu. Let the story begin in point form :P
Through my observation, this school isn't that bad la.... At first i kept being a terrorist to this school, not used to it. I just want the certificate!!! I fell in love with the seladang of the badge la. That's how I was tricked into this school.
BTW VI carnival was fun but I didn't get to fully enjoy it because I'm helping chinese society to sell POPIAH. =.= Didn't expect it to sell out lo.... Played archery with my friend's coupon and lots more. Today went to Mr Huan's class, I haven't seen anything special from him yet except the fees which is RM90+RM20 registration+RM20 photocopy = RM130!! for a subject nia... BTW I knew that he was an author back in 80's, THAT TIME I'M STILL SWIMMING UNDER MY DADDY'S SPERM!!! His wife is very generous le, treat me some sweets, treat us like a kid. =.= I will keep on gambatte no matter how hard it is!
For a past few days, I have seen a lot of bad things about VI. Can play cho dai d (big two) in class, can jump over the wall and lots more!! Really drop my impression such that VI is for geeky students, IT'S SO DARN WRONG THAT VICTORIANS ARE WORSE THAN MIHARJAN!! What a cluster school.... Majority is malay, followed by chinese and then indian. However, form 6 is always dominated by chinese since there are many 'offers' for malay students after spm.
Since I'm not used to this school, I had prepared something like switching school to TARC and etc (MBS lol...). I went to TARC with my cousin to check this place. The bus numbered 191 will take you from lot 10 to tarc campus. Use a lot of money lo.... Each time RM1 pokkai lo.... My cousin's hostel is lousy la... full of dust, no astro and then sleep on the floor. The life is like poverty.. haihz... I heard from Elaine that her class had 26 students under scholarship at TARC, all were from different states. They were coming to TARC just for fun lol... that's why the lecturers are underpaid.
THEN VI OR TARC? I haven't seen the goods of VI teachers yet. Based on the last year result, it seems not satisfying for science stream students... Should i go to CHS or Samad and live with my sister? The tuition center in SS2 is quite good as i heard while KL 1 is famous but unreliable.
STPM in TARC
1. The classrooms have air-conditioner 1, seem great.
2. Need not to wear school uniform
3. Lots of experienced lecturers
4. Taste of college life (like taking tuition)
5. Use tutorial method with projector
1. Some lecturers are part-timers (my school's teacher happened to be teaching at there WTH!!!)
2. You are a private candidate for STPM at TarC, so there's no cert from government.
3. The lecturers are underpaid, so the passion for teaching will be lesser. (not really, there is a person who scored 5As at there, splendid!)
4. There might be some robberies if you live in hostel near to the college.
5. Teachers won't spoon-fed you, only hard work pays off in STPM.
This week is orientation week and I already took my 1st MC due to medical checkup for my knee's injury. Ta Huei is coming for STPM, nice to see you, haha...
Well, the first day is very boring. A lot of speeches from teacher especially Pn. Datin Maimun whose kept talking talking talking yadda yadda... She said form 6 is like a self improvement year rather than scoring string of As. Why? I personally think there's no top scorer produced from this school. When I think other way, we students should be those who make history for this school. This school kept saying their art stream students are high achievers. What about science stream students? Not good la?
Only registration day already become like orientation day from teacher. =.= I haven't known the teachers and yet we lower 6 students have to organize something to celebrate teachers' day? WTH... The teachers are trying to say that the school is very reputable and somehow convinced me to stay here rather than changing to MBS... Plus I'm able to take 5 subjects! That's really put my worries aside. Anyway, I know F6 is a good choice but right choice for school? I really have no idea...
This is the new beginning... Form 6! When I got my result for SPM, I just applied for UPU and JPA scholarship since most scholarships offer Engineering and Arts courses. The result? JPA is rejected since I'm not that outstanding (just normal straight As). What I can't believe is that I don't even get a place for UPU!! I chose computer science also cannot get!! Straight As also cannot get, what is the criteria to get admitted to public uni? Become a Malay? lol....
I used to think of studying business as I thought if I want to be rich, I have to take business course. This perception is so so... wrong. I saw many graduates from business studies ended up 'makan gaji'(being employee). It's like you can set up your own business with a business degree? Only if you're rich, or else you only help your boss to generate lots of cash.
I want to take something reputable like medical, dentistry and pharmacy. (Competitive courses, right?). These jobs will be always be the safe spot during recession because... everyone needs to cure the illness, right? So STPM is my only choice. A-level is quite risky since public uni is exempted from the list. Actually I don't regret taking STPM since it's widely recognized for its high level. There's students admitted to Cambridge and Oxford with STPM results. Terrific? Yeah, most students don't know this.
I'm going to SMK Victoria for STPM since my school is under VI. I just knew this yesterday and registration day falls on 11th May. wth =.= I hope that VI does offer 5 subjects since I wanted to do it so badly. Getting admission to NUS is given priority to 5 subjects student rather than 4 flat students with 4 subjects. If the answer is no for 5 subjects, then I'm switching to MBS. I am aiming high for this test and ready to sacrifice. I hope that teachers in VI can really help me to achieve my dream.
This myth is very long ago and still remains as a mystery...
The objective of STPM is to pass people right? How do you explain the fact that 87% of the students passed the exams of the Sijil Tinggi Persekolahan Malaysia (STPM) recently, when during your father’s time only 10% would have passed? Are students getting smarter? Or are STPM questions getting easier? Let me put things in their proper perspective.
During your grandfather’s time, they would ask exam questions like:
"In what year did Parameswara founded the Kingdom of Melaka ?"
The correct answer was "1402", and they found that only 10% of the students managed to answer the question correctly. This didn’t go down too well with the authorities, because the objective of the exams was to pass people, right? I mean, what’s the point of having exams if people fail?
So later, they found another way to ask the same question:
Parameswara founded the kingdom of Melaka in the year:
Tick the correct answer.
The results were better in that 20% of the students passed. But it was still not good enough, so the authorities tried a different tactic a few years later.
"Parameswara founded the kingdom of Melaka in the year 1402. True or false?"
Well, half of the students guessed "True" and the other half guessed "False".
The results were getting pretty acceptable by now but still not good enough. Most other countries would be satisfied with a 50% passing rate, but not us. The authorities then cracked their heads and then came out with this one:
Read the following sentence carefully.
Parameswara, the cousin of Proton-Iswara, founded the kingdom of Melaka in the year 1402. Underline the name of the person who founded Melaka.
60% underlined "Parameswara",
30% underlined "Proton-Iswara" and
10% underlined "1402".
Yeah!!!!….60% managed to pass!
But the authorities were still not contented. So last year, they came out with this gem:
"One day in the year 1402, Parameswara founded the kingdom of Melaka. Then he went home to have dinner. What did he eat?"
13% (smart students) handed in blank answers,
57% wrote "Maggi Mee",
10% wrote " Kentucky Fried Chicken" and
20% wrote "Nasi Lemak".
The correct answer was anything concerning "Food" of course!
After the marking was over, it was found that 87% of the students had passed.
87%!!!!!…………now that’s pretty impressive!
Well done Malaysia! Perhaps, this is why we have so many students with an impressive string of ‘As’ who can hardly construct a decent sentence! Malaysia Boleh!
Well, I'm going to take STPM next year and will be starting my Lower 6 soon. I'm kinda anxious right now.
I received an email from my friend and the message goes like this
1. Losing all your friends
Man comes home and finds his wife and his friend in bed. He shoots his friend and kills him. Wife says 'If you behave like this, you will lose All your friends.'
Moral of the story? Enjoy threesome with your friends!
2. Brother wanted
A small boy wrote to Santa Claus,'send me a brother'....
Santa wrote back 'SEND ME YOUR MOTHER'.... (Hmm... having Santa Claus as stepfather is cool indeed)
3. Meaning of wife
Husband asks, "Do you know the meaning of WIFE? It means 'Without Information Fighting Everytime'!" Wife replies, "No, it means 'With Idiot For Ever'!!!"
4. The importance of a period
Teacher : 'Do you know the importance of a period?'
Kid : 'Yeah, once my sister said she has missed one, my mom fainted, dad got a heart attack & our driver ran away. (The driver is the son-in-law haha...)
5. Confident vs confidential
A young boy asks his Dad, 'What is the difference between confident and confidential? Dad says, 'You are my son, I'm confident about that. Your friend over there, is also my son, that's confidential!'
6. Anger management
Husband: 'When I get mad at you, you never fight back. How do you control your anger?'
Wife: 'I clean the toilet.'
Husband: 'How does that help?'
Wife: 'I use your toothbrush..'
Good way to get your revenge while maintaining the relationship.
It's kind of hectic to see other MSN contacts sending those weird messages like ''Wanna see my pics before i send em to facebook?'' with a file or link below the message. If you have common sense, it's very obvious a person won't send such message to their friends (unless their brains are smaller than ostrich's one).
Some people would click it because their close friends sent to them. Result? Obviously sending the same thing to other contacts. It's more hectic when you get this virus(worm) and send to your friends without knowing anything. I was one of the victims and I didn't accept or click when someone sent it to me. I assumed that my brother was so 'high' that the sentence was too seductive(Kim Kardashian is hawt!!) for him to click it.
I also assume it's a computer virus(it's actually computer worm).It's because people tend to think that viruses are for computer while worms are biological 1 hiding in an apple. We were never able to see biological viruses with our naked eyes while tonnes of viruses word after antivirus' computer scan.
I was told by my friends in MSN that I have virus. It's so annoying and irritating when many contacts you don't know suddenly sent you messages like "Hi, you got virus". Imagine it!
The type of messages being sent by this worm (ops it's virus) are....
This picture isnt you… right?
Wow i think i found your pic on myspace!
hah I think I found an old pic of us!
haha lets hope your parents dont see this picture of you :D
hey did i ever show you this picture of me?
is it ok if I add this pic to my new slideshow?
can i up some of these pics of ya to my myspace profile?
you care if i put this pictuer of you in my new album?
sry about the messup i fixed the pic! Try it one more time pz
is this pic tooo sexy for photobucket??
wow I just dyed my hair… You will never believe the color it is now. lol And dont laugh
my crazy sister wants u to see these pics for some reason… take a look
wow! look at this old picture i found….
wanna see this pic of my Boobs?
Can i put this pic of you into my new myspace album?
Take a look at the new pics already! :p
I cant believe they wanted me to upload this picture to facebook lol. Its terrible. Like my outfit tho?
Lmfao hey im sending my new pictures! Check em out!
I’ve been editing some pics you should def see em loL! accept :)
Can you believe somone actually wears this size bra? I could use it for a Tent.
haha, this guy up my street just slammed his $90k car into a telephone pole! I got a pic of it with my cellphone
dude i just got these pictures off my digital for you! Gimme a moment to find em and send
Wanna see my pics before i send em to facebook?
do you think this picture is too kinky for Myspace?
OMG just accept please its only some pics!!
Hey accept my pictures, i got a bunch from when i was like a toddler :X
I think this picture is terrible. but my friends on myspace want to see it. please dont show noone.
Hey just finished new myspace album! :) theres a few kinky ones in there!
OMG, i found ur pic on cuteornot.com! Check it out!!!
Have you seen me Naked Yet :D
ok, I DO NOT like my new hair color.. but people on facebook do. what do you think? And no laughing! lol
hey you got a myspace album? anyways heres my new myspace album :) accept k?
do I look dumb in this picture? I want to put it on myspace.
hey man accept my pics. :( i just edited it to look maad funny..
Dude i found your picture on hotornot.com! Take a look!
Cool! They even use facebook and myspace to cheat the recipients. The creator is indeed up-to-date. I tried anti-virus PcTool internet security (creator of Spyware Doctor) but this dumbware cannot get rid of it.
Well, there's solutions for every problem like there's laugh of every joke. I googled it to find the solution, ended up disappointing results. Near the end of giving up, I found a website that can get rid of the virus which is MSN Virus Removal. You download the software, run it and viola! the virus is gone! It's a lot convenient than solving it manually. If you're not smart enough (like me), you can watch this instructional video to solve it.
That's all for today. Happy removing virus! Spread this to help your friends too! Don't be too stingy since they will keep sending those messages to you and it's so irritating!
I found this fact from my e-mail. So I would do some sharing here.
1. 'Stewardesses' is the longest word typed with only the left hand
2. 'lollipop' is the longest word typed with your right hand.
3. No word in the English language rhymes with month , orange, silver, or purple.
4. 'Dreamt' is the only English word that ends in the letters 'mt'.
5. Our eyes are always the same size from birth, but our nose and ears
never stop growing.
6. The sentence:
'The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog'
uses every letter of the alphabet.
7. The words 'racecar,','kayak' and 'level' are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left (palindromes).
8. There are only four words in the English language which end in 'dous':
tremendous, horrendous, stupendous, and hazardous.
9. There are two words in the English language that have all five vowels in order: 'abstemious' and 'facetious.'
10. TYPEWRITER is the longest word
that can be made using the letters only on one row of the keyboard.
11. A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
12. A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds.
13. A 'jiffy' is an actual unit of time for 1/100th of a second.
14. A shark is the only fish that can blink with both eyes.
15. A snail can sleep for three years. (I sleep everyday!)
16. Almonds are a member of the peach family. (not nut?)
17. An ostrich's eye is bigger than its brain. (pea brain?)
18. Babies are born without kneecaps.
They don't appear until the child reaches 2 to 6 years of age.
19. February 1865 is the only month in recorded history not to have a full moon.
20. In the last 4,000 years, no new animals have been domesticated.
21. If the population of China walked past you, 8 abreast,
the line would never end because of the rate of reproduction.
22. Leonardo Da Vinci invented the scissors
23. Peanuts are one of the ingredients of dynamite!
24. Rubber bands last longer when refrigerated.
25. The average person's left hand does 56% of the typing. (Since important letter such as a and e are at left side)
26. The cruise liner, QE 2 moves only six inches for each gallon of diesel that it burns.
27. The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
28. The winter of 1932 was so cold that Niagara Falls froze completely solid.
29. There are more chickens than people in the world.
30. Winston Churchill (UK former Prime Minister) was born in a ladies' room during a dance.
31. Women blink nearly twice as much as men.
Top 5 April's Fool prank:
1) Desktop background switch - quite good method to prank your colleagues since it's easy to set up. 3.5/5
2) The Black Fax - this method is quite wasteful, not friendly environment 1/5
3) The Saran Wrap Suprise - imagine the poops on the wrapper 4/5
4) Printer Jam-a-Roo - be prepared to be fired by your boss using this prank 1/5
5) Posion Brownies - Yummy! Sharing is caring. 3/5
Moral of the story? Dance when you successfully pranked them!